Make soap bubbles at home with the materials from kitchen. You will learn how to make soap bubbles solution and wand to blow bubbles. Find out! How bubbles work and tips for long lasting bubbles
- Clean water
- Liquid dish soap
- Pipe cleaner or straw
- Pour 3 cups of clean water and half cup of liquid dish soap into a container and stir them slowly to formation of foam or bubbles in the solution.
- Measure ½ tablespoon of glycerin and add it to the container and again stir the solution slowly and place the container aside.
- If you have any materials which has a circular hole can be used as bubble wand otherwise you can build one with a pipe cleaner or straw by bending its top tip into a circular shape than fasten it with tape.
Now it is time blow some bubbles, so take your bubble wand and dip it into the solution and blow in the hole.
The boundary of the bubble solution is made of three thin layer of soap, water and soap means water is sandwiched between two layers of soap. This boundary is called soap film. When water evaporates from layers of soap than the bubble pops. Glycerin is mixed with solution to make layers of soap thick which keeps the water from evaporating quickly. in this way bubbles become stronger and last longer.
- Try using different sizes of bubble wand to blow bubbles of different sizes
- Add some drops of food coloring to the solution to make colorful bubbles.